Weltkulturerbe Völklinger Hütte
Europäisches Zentrum für Kunst und Industriekultur GmbH (Ltd)
Rathausstraße 75- 79
takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. We want you to know when we collect which data and how we use it. We have taken technical and organisational measures to ensure that the data protection regulations are observed both by us and by external service providers. As we continue to develop our websites and implement new technologies to improve our service to you, changes to this privacy statement may also become necessary. We therefore recommend that you re-read this data protection statement from time to time.
Securing data transmission
The user's personal data is transmitted to the provider's server using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) security technology.
Access to the website
You can visit our website without any personal information being provided by you as a user. Every access to the website of the World Cultural Heritage Site Völklinger Hütte - European Centre for Art and Industrial Heritage - is stored in a log file. The following data are stored in the log file for a maximum of 1 year. Access data includes:
- Name of the accessed website,
- File, date and time of retrieval,
- the amount of data transferred,
- Browser type and version,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- IP address and
- the requesting provider.
The stored data will only be evaluated for the optimization of the Internet offer. However, we reserve the right to check the log data subsequently if there is a justified suspicion of illegal use based on concrete evidence.
Handling of personal data
Personal data is information that can be used to identify a person, i.e. information that can be traced back to a person. This includes your name, e-mail address or telephone number. The Völklinger Hütte World Cultural Heritage Site only collects, uses and passes on personal data if this is permitted by law or if the user consents to the data collection.
Protection of minors
Persons under the age of 18 should not transmit any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. We do not request personal data from children and young people. We do not knowingly collect such data and do not pass it on to third parties.
When contacting the provider (for example via contact form or e-mail), the user's details are stored for the purpose of processing the enquiry and in the event that follow-up questions arise.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Data recorded when accessing the website of the World Cultural Heritage Site Völklinger Hütte will only be transmitted to third parties if we are legally or by court order obliged to do so or if disclosure is necessary in the event of attacks on the Internet infrastructure of the World Cultural Heritage Site Völklinger Hütte for legal or criminal prosecution. They are not passed on for other non-commercial or commercial purposes.
Duration for which the personal data is stored
The criterion for the duration of the storage of personal data is the respective legal retention period. After the expiry of this period, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, provided that it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment or initiation of the contract.
Integration of third-party services and content
Contents of third parties will be integrated within our online offer. This always presupposes that the providers of this content (hereinafter referred to as "third party providers") are aware of the IP address of the users. Because without the IP address, they could not send the content to the browser of the respective user. We make every effort to use only those contents whose respective providers use the IP address only for the delivery of the contents. However, we have no influence on this if the third party providers store the IP address, e.g. for statistical purposes. As far as we know, we inform the users about this.
On the pages of our Media Guide, a cookie (of the category "Necessary Cookies") is used to store, for example, the selected language, time of the last data download or other information relevant to the Media Guide.
The rights of the user:
- The user has the right to receive information free of charge upon request as to whether and which personal data is stored.
- The user has the right to have his data deleted if they may no longer be stored.
- If it turns out that the data stored about the user is incorrect, the user has a right to have it corrected.
- The user has the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which was created by the user, in a structured, current and machine-readable format and to transmit it to third parties.
- Every user has the right to object to the processing of his personal data at any time. The World Cultural Heritage Site of the Völklingen Ironworks no longer processes personal data in the event of an objection, unless the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- If a data subject wishes to exercise this right, he may contact our data protection officer or another employee of the controller at any time.
Data protection officer
BTK | Rechtsanwälte
Schützenstraße 3 – 5
Phone: 0681 93 88 2601
Fax: 0681 93 88 2607
Weltkulturerbe Völklinger Hütte
Europäisches Zentrum für Kunst und Industriekultur
- Datenschutzkoordinatoren -
Phone: +49 (0) 6898 / 9 100 -200 / -201
Weltkulturerbe Völklinger Hütte 05/18, using the (CC) (BMJV | Berlin, 2018-NC-ND-4.0.)